Friday, May 25, 2018

My Little Princess,


I have been dreaming of writing you letters with all the things I have learned both in life and in motherhood and I have decided to set it up in a blog. You will get all this in my journals any ways but here it can be easier to read because it will be organized. Also even though the letters are for you maybe they can inspire and teach other women as well, most of it as you know is stuff I have learned from my family, friends, other people, and stuff I learned on my own...

With careful consideration I have decided to dedicate this  to be the first letter to you, my little princess, because I don't want you to ever forget this...

The Royal wedding was this past week and lately mama, along with probably all other women in the world, has been a bit obsessed with it... and it has send me into a path of discovery to why do I care so much? and then I looked up at you twirling in your big beautiful red dress, calling yourself a princess and full of joy with not a care in the world and my heart sank at the realization I was like that once too, as a little girl, we all believe we are princesses and then we grow up. I got sadder and sadder thinking of the day when you grow up, your dream of being a princess begins to shatter, reality sets in, your lights starts getting dimmed by a world that makes women feel we are not enough and feeding insecurities into our soul.

But I want you to know and I hope you ALWAYS have in your mind and never forget that you ARE and will always be A REAL PRINCESS! maybe not in the how the world thinks of Royalty but

You are a princess not because you married a prince like the fairy tales or because your parents are of the Royal Family, but because your true father is God and He the true King, the King of Kings and your soul is Royalty because you have been adopted as His daughter. You have a crown and it was bought by the blood of Christ in the Cross, wear it proudly and with your head up high. And as the daughter of the King always remember to behave like it, dress like it, walk like it, talk like it... and most importantly wait for the Godly man that will treat you like it. 

Although you might not be bombarded with paparazzi, know that the way you behave, dress, and talk in your day to day life is in fact inspiring others, not in because you are in magazines, but because of the way you treat people... So always be respectful, kind, and loving.

The way you dress your body will show that you not only respect God, others, but yourself. Even if you are wearing Jeans and informal clothes be feminine, be elegant and sophisticated. Don't leave your beautiful clothes for a special occasion, my princess, your life is a special occasion. Make sure you wear clothes that fit you right, that you feel beautiful in, and it doesn't have to be Designer expensive clothes.

if you are ever in doubt if you should wear, say, or act a certain way just ask yourself:

"Would I be feel good and be proud of wearing this if I were to see the King today?  would I do this if I was in the presence of the King? would I say this if the King was in front of me?..."

 Just remember that even if you are at home, you are always in the presence of the King!

and don't let anyone tell you  that you are not a real princess because my little one you are and you will always be...

with love,

your mama




No comments:

Post a Comment